Pages

February 20, 2013

Cayenne pepper spiced chicken breast with avocado, mango, sesonal salads and basil-yoghurt dressing

After I managed to put an end to my sugar and white flour free month, which frankly I do not really mind, I thought to prepare something light for lunch. It is time to enjoy winter salads as long as they are still available, though I know most of them you can buy throughout the year, but mâche and red chicory taste best right now. Agree? There is not much to tell about this salad: a spicy and hot chicken breast served with bunch of different greens, mango, avocado with a basil-yoghurt dressing. Perfect on a busy day, as you are done within 10 minutes with the whole thing!

Ingredients:
per person:
half of a chicken breast
1 handful mâche
1 radicchio

1 red chicory
1/2 mango

1/2 avocado
1 small onion

saltcayenne pepper
peanut oil



for the dressing:
100 ml yoghurt
1/2 garlic clove
handful basil leaves
juice and zest of 1/2 lime
3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
salt
pepper



Season chicken with salt and cayenne pepper. If you do not want it to be very hot mix cayenne pepper with paprika powder. Wash and drain salads, slice avocado and mango. Sprinkle avocado with lime juice to prevent it from turning brown. For the dressing put the ingredients into a mixer and blend it and season. Fry chicken breast over medium heat and serve on the salad.


4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Marvelous! I wish I could eat that lovely dish for supper.

Cheers,

Rosa

p-moments said...

Wow, wie lecker und die Fotos erst... Einfach perfekt sieht alles aus.

LG!

chriesi said...

@Rosa: I am glad you like it!

@p-moments: Vielen lieben dank Edina!

Anonymous said...

The dish looks so wonderful, I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails