Pages

June 11, 2012

Zander-scallop rolls with curry on coconut-cauliflower puree with lemongrass foam

What a busy week it has been! I baked a bunch of cakes and prepared other sweet treats. I think it is enough if I mention that I served a couple of desserts like ice cream, parfait together with about 50 kgs of strawberries on a local festival. It was pretty tight, but I would do it all over again. However, I missed cooking and blogging so much! There is monthly blog event in the Hungarian blogsphere and I am the host right now. I thought to challenge the fellow foodies and asked for white recipes with only one other colour in the dishes. This is my first entry, that I prepared for the event: zander/pikeperch-scallop rolls with curry on coconut-cauliflower puree, lemongrass foam and a few coconut chips.



Ingredients:
for the rolls:
4 fillet of zander
150 g scallops

1 shallot
1/2 teaspoon butter
1/4 teaspoon curry spice mixture
2-3 pinches of tumeric powder
80-100 g cream
20 ml white port wine
1 small egg white
salt, pepper
for the cauliflower puree:
200 g cauliflower
100 ml coconut milk
1 teaspoon butter
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
salt, pepper
for the lemongrass foam:
50 ml fish stock
1 lemongrass
1 shallot
1 teaspoon butter
50 ml coconut milk
50 ml cream
salt, pepper



For the rolls puree the cold scallops with the butter sauteed onion, cream, egg white, port wine, curry anc tumeric, then season. Place a piece of foil onto a piece of tin foil and place a fillet on top. Smear some scallop farce onto the fish fillets and roll it up with the help of the first layer of the foil. Then roll up the next layer and
poach fish roll for 15-20 minutes in simmering water. For the puree cook cauliflower florets in salted water, then puree with the coconut milk, season with salt, pepper and some nutmeg. For the lemongrass foam, chop shallot and sautee in a teaspoon butter, pour fish stock over it and add lemongrass, reduce, add coconut milk and cream and cook for 5-7 minutes. Before serving remove the lemongrass and foam it with a blender.


2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love your refined dishes. This one is fabulous.

Cheers,

Rosa

MyFudo™ said...

I rarely find zander in our area, such that when i do, I want to make something really special, such as this, perfect recipe. Thanks for sharin'

Related Posts with Thumbnails