Pages

November 23, 2011

Spicy Buns with Dried Cranberries

Slowly, it is about time to start thinking and planning for the coming holiday season, after all this weekend it is already the first Sunday of Advent. I must confess that my kitchen has already been scented by Christmas flavours for weeks, because I had the opportunity to create some recipes for a French gastronomy site. Yesterday, they have already published the interview with me among with some of the recipes. Well, this one is not yet online there, however I could not wait any longer and just had to share these buns with you. A few days ago, I had the idea of baking buns with buckwheat flour and I have already seen them in front of my eyes even before I had the slight idea of the recipe. I must say the cranberries harmonise perfect with clove. I am completly fond of the combination, almost obsessed, but you will see that early enough in the recipes that are on the way to the blog. These buns are amazingly spicy and are just perfect with butter and cup of hot chocolate for breakfast during the holiday time.


Ingredients:
 

100 g buckwheat flour
150 g all-purpose flour
10 g fresh yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
30 g butter
125 ml milk
1 egg
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
1/4 teaspoon ground clove
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 pinches of ground anise
1 pinch ground star anise




Sift buchwheat and all-purpose flour and crumble yeast into a mold. Sprinkle sugar over the yeast and pour melted butter and lukewarm milk over it. Add the egg and the spices and start kneading. As soon as the dough comes together knead in dried cranberries. Let the dough rise over room temperature until it has dubled its size. Cut the dough in 6 equal portions and form buns, flour the top and press any shape onto its surface with a help of a fondant cutter. Bake in the 200°C preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Those look amazing and so pretty! I really love your presentation.

Cheers,

Rosa

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

Wow! Your food styling really grabs me and makes me want to bake this NOW!

Unknown said...

Great little buns, the decoration looks very neat, nice presentation! And congratulations to your interview! ;) I tried to read it via google translate - so everyone should try at least once in his lifetime a slice of bread with lard, salt and onions? Nice to see you came from hating onions to loving them ;)

chriesi said...

@Rosa & Jen: Thanks, I am glad you like it. And bake it, if you are into spices you'll love them! :)

@Beatbull: Thank you! :) Hehe, yeah, but the bread must be freshly baked. You know, I have never had problems with fresh onions, I love them. But I had real big issues with cooked onions, however meanwhile I am over it, though there are still the one or the other dish where it MUST be greated. Some habits never change...;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails