Pages

September 28, 2011

Elderberry Tartelettes

Sunday mornings usually we take our dog to a creek so that she has the possibility to swim. However, she have never swum so far, but still she enjoys chasing the ball in the water, at least as long as she can feel the bottom under her feet. Last weekened, I have discovered an elder shrub with a lot of gorgeous purple berries. Of course I had to collect a few!  I was wondering for quite a while about what I should prepare, because I had too little for cooking a jam or making syrup. Luckily, once more some leftover shortcrust pastry saved me and brought me the idea of elderberry tartelettes.



Ingredients
: 
(for 8 12 cm tartelettes)
150 g elderberry
70 ml apple juice
50 g icing sugar
2 leaves gelatine
100 g mascarpone
100 g cream

Bring elderberries with the apple juice and sugar to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, then puree and strain it through a fine sieve. Stir in the previously soaked gelatine and whisk until it melts. Let the puree cool. Beat cream and stir it to the mascarpone, then mix it together with the eldeberry puree. Fill the prebaked tartalettes shelles and chill for a few hours before serving.


5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Pretty! I've never had elderberry tartlets... I am so courious to try.

Cheers,

Rosa

lamiacucina said...

hübsche Törtchen. Leider waren die Vögel wieder schneller als ich :-(

chriesi said...

@Rosa: Thanks! :)

@lamiacucina: Oh das isch schad! :( merci!

chamadii said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betsy Hinze said...

Please note that you should never eat raw elderberries! They contain a toxin that disappears when they are cooked, but even a couple of the raw berries can make you very ill.

Related Posts with Thumbnails