Pages

July 1, 2011

Hazelnut Macaron with Caramel-Coffee Ganache

Well, macarons again, and hold on, I am right on my way to bake another bunch with fruit filling. I haven't decided yet, if it should be lemon or raspberry, but probably, I am going to make both versions. Nah, what should I do, I still have leftover egg whites. Anyway, today I decided to try yesterday's recipe with hazelnut and cocoa powder. You can imagine how nervous I was while waiting for the feets to appear. Oh, and they did! Though I had some macarons with cracked top, but this happens always. Half of them I filled with dark chocolate ganache, the other half with a caramel-coffee ganache.



Ingredients: 
(based on a recipe by Pierre Hermé)
70 g sugar
30 g cream
1 teaspoon instant coffee
30 g butter
30 g white chocolate

 
Melt sugar over low heat and let it caramelise. Meanwhile bring cream together with the coffee to the boil and pour it over the amber caramel. Pour caramel-cream mixture over the chopped white chocolate and stir until it is molten, then stir in the butter.

 

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A dreamlike flavor combo!

Cheers,

Rosa

Ellie said...

Caramel-Coffee Ganache...can it get any better :)

Unknown said...

What is the recipe with the cocoa and hazelnut powder?

Related Posts with Thumbnails