Pages

March 31, 2011

Roasted Potato Peel Consommé with Quail Egg Ravioli and Wild Garlic Pesto

Already since a very long time I had egg yolk ravioli on my "to cook list", but somehow, I have never found the time or the opportunity to make it. I guess, I have seen it first in a pretty old book of Jamie Oliver, so it took me years to finally make them. In fact, wild garlic was the inspiring ingredient, that gave me the last kick to start kneading the pasta dough.


The plan was to serve the egg yolk ravioli on top of a gorgeous green wild garlic pesto, but then I felt, that is not enough.
Spontaneously I thought about potatoes and had the idea of a sauce. But then, what should I do with the pesto? Maybe they would work well together, but still, it was not what I was looking for. While kneading a pasta, I remember that I have seen on Beatbull's website a post about using every part of a potato, and so the idea was born!


I took some potatoes and baked them, then peeled still hot and then took the peel and cooked it for a while in white chicken stock among some fresh majoram. Then I let it stand for a while, before filtering it.


The baked potatoes ended up with the rest of the pesto in a potato salad with dried tomatoes and some pecorini. I also used a little of it to make a kind of a nest for the quail egg yolk, and mixed it with very little goat cream cheese. For the pesto I simply pureed the wild garlic with pecorino and roasted almonds, and of course olive oil.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That looks amazing! What wonderful flavors.

Cheers,

Rosa

chriesi said...

Thank you, Rosa! :)

Alina---Explora Cuisine said...

Spring is here, I can see it in your photos, lovely!

chriesi said...

Thank you! I am happy you like my photos! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails