Pages

November 24, 2010

Coconut Mousse

At the begining of the month I have posted a dessert containing coconut mousse, however I still owe you the recipe. Yesterday, it was snowing for the first time while I was preparing it again. I have also spent quite a long time with creating chocolate decorations while I was wondering about the Christmas menu. About the menu I still do not have a single idea, but making the chocolate decorations was a lot of fun and I can't wait to get another bunch of foil to experiment some more. But now, let's see the recipe for the mousse.



Ingredients:

2 egg yolks
25 g sugar
125 ml coconut milk
2 g gelatine
125 g heavy cream


Beat egg yolks with sugar until pale, while bringing the coconut milk to the boil. As soon as it starts to boil pour it over the beaten egg yolks and put it back to the stove. Cook until thickens, then stir in gelatine and let it cool. As soon as it is cold enough stir in beaten cream and let it stand in the fridge for a few hours.

18 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Mmmmhhh, so delicate looking and refined tasting!

Cheers,

Rosa

natural selection said...

I have a confession..I hate coconut shavings. But! I love coconut flavor! and coconut mousse I can handle beautiful recipe!

Your doing a fantastic job with this blog!

chriesi said...

@Rosa:Thanks!

@natural selection: Thanks so much, I am glad you enjoy my blog!

Anonymous said...

Coconut mousse sounds yummmy! The photographs are absolutely stunning.

ze junkie said...

These look gorgeous! This sounds like a dessert I'm gonna try soon :)

chriesi said...

@amritac: It was yummy. :) Thank you!

@ze junkie: Thanks! I hope you are going to enjoy it!

Taranii said...

Stunning, mousses that aren't chocolate are always so much fun!

Lea said...

Amazing, and beautifully presented!

FlyingTaste said...

It seems to taste really nice. And I love cocount in any form. Cocount and mousse... Gosh! I have to try this!

PK said...

Beautiful! Of course, chocolate and coconut are great together, so I'd love to taste those two together (same with a mango mouse, or maybe a thickened mango puree as syrup - would be great with coconut), but I also love coffee and coconut together and would love to make this and your coffee mousse and put them in dishes in layers.

Unknown said...

Delicious treat. Now to get it and chocolate in the same mixture with swirls.
http://jtrader.hubpages.com/hub/Help-Kill-Cancer-Cells-Naturally-with-Saffron-and-Black-Cumin

Gabriela Fiorese Neilson said...

hi there, I just made this today and it tastes amazing! but looks more like runny custard than mousse... any ideas why that happened?
thanks

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruth said...

Please explain the recipe in normal cups, spoons etc. Confusing as to what the g sugar and the mi mean. Anxious to try but do not understand recipe. Thank you.

Nani Wijaya Nasution said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Delicius!!!!

Unknown said...

Delicius!!!!

Kristi said...

Is this coconut milk like what is used for pina coladas (in the can) or coconut milk in the dairy section?

Also...HWC beaten...does that mean whipped to be like whipped cream?

Related Posts with Thumbnails