Pages

October 15, 2009

Beef liver spread with porcini

Liver? Well, you either love it or you hate it. Personally, I love liver, may it be chicken, beef or veal. As a child I often ate canned liver spread, those days I hardly cared for the ingredients. Growing older made me more curious about it and I stopped eating that canned stuff, instead I rather bought fresh liver and prepared it fried with a nice tomato salad. Frankly, most of those canned liver products have only a tiny percent of liver in it, not to mention all the other ingredients that are simply disgusting. There is even one kind here, that has a huge percentage of yeast as the basis! Isn't that shocking?! Therefore when I feel like having a slice of bread with liver spread I make it myself. It is not a big deal and the result is just great and most of all it contains only liver and no rubbish. This time I also added some fried porcini and served on a nice slice of pumpkin bread I baked some days ago, with sage-pumpkin seed pesto swirl.



Ingredients:
200 g beef liver
1 onion
75 g butter
majoram (dried)
thyme (fresh)
Port wine
salt, pepper

Melt 1 tablespoon butter, add chopped onion, stew for some minutes. Add liver and fry until done among the spices and 1-2 shoots of Port wine. Puree together with the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Optionaly stir in some fried porcini and cover the top of the spread with melted butter. Leave it in the fridge for 3-4 hours, but it tastes best the next day.

2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That looks very tasty and scrumptious!

cheers,

Rosa

Chibog in Chief said...

If my dad is alive he would steal this!!hahahah we love liver spread in the family and porcini touch is very creative!

Related Posts with Thumbnails