Pages

September 8, 2009

Spicy carrot soup with coconut jelly

It seems ages that I posted the last time! Does it happen to you that you buy too many carrots? Well to me always! Maybe because I have two fridges and I do not check both before I leave for shopping, so most of the time I am drowning in carrots. Anyway today I cooked a spicy carrot soup and served among orange-coconut jelly cubes that were an interesting contrast with the soup!


Ingredients:
350 g carrots
1 medium potato
1 onion
1 piece of ginger (about 2-3 cm)
1 teaspoon butter

500 ml vegetable stock
50 ml coconut milk
curry spice mix
cayenne pepper
salt

Peel the vegetables and slice, chop onion. Melt butter, add onion, sautée for a minute or two. Add sliced carrot and potato, grated ginger and pour vegetable stock over it, season with salt
, cayenne pepper and curry. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Puree and stir in coconut milk, cook for another 2 minutes and season again if needed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails