Pages

January 15, 2009

My First Lamb Meal

Another "first time" after the strudel pastry this week: lamb. My mom told me that when I was a child I ate lamb once in a while, but I do not remember that. I received a beautiful piece of lamb loin as a surprise so it was clear that we are going to have it for lunch. I marinated it over night in olive oil with thyme and garlic. I was very curious about the taste and hoped that I am going to like it, and yes I did! It was very very tender and delicious! Not that rosa, but I did not want to risk that if it is too raw I am not going to like it. One more type of meat on my list to experiment and to discover!


Ingredients:
400 g lamb loin
2 garlic cloves
thyme

olive oil
2 shallots

100 ml white wine
400 ml lamb stock
150 ml heavy cream
juice and zest of 1 lemon
salt, pepper


Marinate lamb over night in oil with garlic and thyme. Heat a bit of olive oil and fry lamb from both sides and set it to the oven on 100°C for 10-15 minutes depending how you like it and how your oven works. Add chopped shallot to the heated oil, fry and add white wine, let it reduce a bit, add stock and reduce half, add cream and reduce some more. Season with lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I served it with rosemary potatoes and anise flavoured green beans seasoned with sherry vinegar and a bit of chili.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails