Pages

May 4, 2008

Celery Gratin

Since I have prepared celery puree I was thinking what I could do as next out of it. I have seen a cute small head of celery that I had to take home with me. I also had a medium sized cauliflower. I wanted to combine the two vegetables that is how this gratin was born, served with a piece of pork in hazelnut-majoram coat.

Ingredients:
250 g celery
100 g cauliflower
stock
smoked cheese, grated

150 ml heavy cream
salt, pepper
nutmeg
butter
4 slices of pork cutlet

2 eggs
60 g grated hazelnut
fresh majoram

oil


Boil cauliflower roses in stock for about 10 minutes. Slice with a help of a mandoline celery. Butter a heat proof bowl and add a layer of slices celery, add a tablespoon stock and heavy cream, grated smoked cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Do it as long as all the celery used. Add sliced cauliflower on top with some heavy cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg and smoked cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes on 200°C.
Salt, pepper pork. Chop majoram and mix with whisked eggs and hazelnut. Coat pork in flour and the egg-hazelnut mixture. Fry in oil.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails