Pages

April 20, 2008

Wiener Schnitzel, well not exactly!

Wiener schnitzel or Viennese cutlet is a traditional Austrian dish. It consists a thin slice of veal coated in breadcrumbs and fried. In Austria the dish is traditionally served with a lemon slice, and either potato salad or potatoes with parsley and butter. There are many types of this dish all over the world. My personal favourite schnitzel I prepare out of pork tenderloin. Using only salt and pepper. The meat is so tender, absolutely tasty and you can taste its natural flavour as no herbs, mustard or anything else is used. I served with some young parsley potatoes as that is typical for spring to me. Today I baked my mom`s white russian cake, so that is also why I had to prepare a fast lunch. Ah and the reason why I mentioned is that I used grated hazelnut instead of walnuts. Yumm!

Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin

2 eggs
flour
breadcrumbs
oil
salt, pepper

young potatoes
fresh parsley
butter

Slice pork, salt, pepper. Coat pork with flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Fry in oil over medium heat. Peel potatoes, cook in boiling water. Melt butter, add chopped parsley and potatoes.

1 comment:

Vida said...

Yum, I had schnitzel on the weekend and I do so love it with lemon and a potato salad, perfect! Vida x

Related Posts with Thumbnails