Pages

April 9, 2008

Sugar High Friday #42: Asian Sweet Invasion: Pandanus-Chocolate Mousse Charlotte

The theme of this month's SHF is Asian Sweet Invasion and my entry is a pandanus-choclate mousse charlotte. First I wanted to use ginger, but I could not find ginger in syrup in the Asia shop. However I had a bunch of pandanus leaves in my basket, so I decided to create chocolate-pandanus mousse, but at the end it turned to be a charlotte. This is the first charlotte I have made, however I was not happy with it, because of the ladyfingers. I wanted to make them on my own. I was very happy about their taste, almost like those out from the package, but even better! However they were too soft and look a lot wrinkeld, mmm good old lady fingers. I thought it will not work out, well it did. For my next charlotte I am gonna get another ladyfinger recepie! So now about the pandanus, because that is what all that is about. I liked its earthy fragrance and somewhat peppery taste. It is a nice combination!


Ingredients:
For the ladyfingers:
55 g flour
6 egg yolks

85 g sugar
3 egg white
For the pandanus-chocolate mousse:
500 ml heavy cream
7-8 pandanus leaves
140 g sugar

5 egg yolks
2 eggs
300 g dark chocolate


Preheat oven to 220°C.
Beat egg yolks with 50 g sugar until frothy. Beat egg white and before it is almost beaten
add 35 g sugar and beat on. Mix beaten egg white to the egg yolks and sift in flour. With the help of an icing bag sputter the ladyfingers on a baking paper. Bake for 5-10 minutes.
Cook heavy cream together with pandanus leaves. Let it cool well. Melt chocolate. Beat eggs and egg yolks with sugar until frothy. Put a steal bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes and beat pandanus flavoured heavy cream. Add beaten cream to the chocolate, mix well and add
egg-sugar mixture. Let the mousse cool. After it is cooled for about 2 hours you can fill in to the charlotte form. Cool over night.


Update 12:17: I have found some forgotten ladyfingers in the kitchen. These are not soft anymore, however too thin. But now I am happier with them!

3 comments:

Chibog in Chief said...

i absolutely love this mixture:chocolate mousse with pandanus! we call it pandan in philippines and i love so much its sweet flavor. i bet they sound delicious together!! bravo for your home made ladyfingers!! i never dared making my own one :-)

KJ said...

This sounds delicious. I have never attempted making lady fingers. I think you did a great job.

ICook4Fun said...

Very interesting combinations. Choc and pandanus. Both my fav and I am sure it taste sinful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails